Labor Support - $850
Access to informational binder, with articles on labor and birth options, VBAC, breastfeeding, and perinatal mood disorders.
1-2 prenatal appointments for a chance to unpack expectations, voice fears or concerns, and put a plan in place to increase the odds of achieving the birth you desire. Each appointment lasts between 1.5-2 hours and is held at clients' home, unless another location is preferred.
24/7 on-call support between 38 and 42 weeks.
Continuous support during labor, delivery, and for up to 2 hours after birth.
1 postpartum appointment after birth.
Travel fee may apply
Payment plans always available
Available for hospital, birthing center, and home births.
Doula: Greek, "woman's servant."
What a doula does:
- Provides emotional support to laboring woman and her family
- Offers physical support using various comfort measures
- Gives evidence-based informational support before labor and as needed during and after labor
- Encourages mother and birth partner to advocate for themselves and their baby
- Gives birth partner encouragement (and bathroom breaks) as needed
- Provides continuous support as needed during labor and delivery
What a doula does not do:
- Perform medical tasks (such as: heart tone checks, cervical exams, etc.)
- Diagnose conditions
- Give medical advice
- Deliver babies
- Make decisions or speak for clients
- Take over spouse's role